Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Each author should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for
appropriate portions of the content. The corresponding author takes responsibility for the whole work, and will be responsible for sign-off of the final proofs prior to publication.
The Author Declaration Form is attached (see Appendix A) and is also available on the journal
website. Any change in authors and/or contributors after initial submission must be
approved by all authors.
Role of the Funding Source
All sources of funding should be declared in the Acknowledgements section of the manuscript.
To submit a manuscript to the journal you will need to log onto http://jppm.tums.ac.ir site
and following the links and instructions to our online submission system. Step-by-step instructions are available on the website.
Manuscripts must be prepared and submitted in the manner described in “Uniform
Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Journal of Pharmacoeconomics and Pharmaceutical Management”.
Manuscript Format and Style
In general, manuscripts should be prepared and paginated in the following manner:
A. Title page: include title, authors (abbreviated first name and complete family name) and affiliation for each author where the work was done (indicating the city and country), and a condensed running title of not more than 60 characters including spaces.
B. Name and address for correspondence: Mailing address plus telephone, fax and e-mail address should also be supplied on Title page.
C. Abstract: The abstract should highlight the important points addressed in the main body of the text. There should not be any reference citation in the abstract. The length can be up to 500 words.
D. Text pages (with page numbering): This part contains:
- Results and Discussion
Conclusion should be very summarized and informative of the outcome article.
F. Reference list
References are used to indicate the origin of subjects and as a source for research and further reading. Citations in Text will be based on number references consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text. List references in numerical order at the end of your article. Titles of journals should be abbreviated according to the style used on Pubmed.
Examples of correct forms of references are as follows:
Articles in Journals
1. A. Edwards, Lin Lee; Electrogastrographic study of patients with unexplained nausea, bloating and vomiting. J. Clin. Pharm. 1980 (79) 311-4.
2. B. Anderson, F. Simens, H. Smiths; Concern over outbreak of disease from new hantavirus. Pharm. Res. 1994 (2) 3-10.
Books and book chapters
3 S. Dalen, T. Ulm; Marketing concerns. 2001, 2nd rev. ed. London.
4. J. Surry; Defining criteria for the pharmacoeconomic evaluation of medicines. Pharmacoeconomics 2005 Suppl. 2; pages 11-9.
Proceedings published as a book
5. D. Lemmens; Anatomical synergy between sodium hyaluronate and interceed barrier in rabbits with two types of adhesions [in Italian] [abstract no. O-051]. AAPS 1999; S25.
7. Business management [online]. http://www.XXX.com.
G. Tables (begin each table on a new page)
Please make every effort to include Tables in your article as they are very informative. Tables should be in Microsoft Word manuscript file format.
K. Figures (begin each figure on a new page)
Figures may be schematic diagrams, graphical representations of data and treatment algorithms. Good quality printouts of each illustration should be supplied on separate sheets.
Checklist for Submission
● Title page, including a word count for text only.
● Designation of a corresponding author and provide a complete address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address.
●An abstract that conforms to the required abstract format.
● An acknowledgments section. This section must include details of any funding provided for conduct of the study and/or preparation of the paper and all persons who made substantial contributions to the work, but who do not meet the criteria for authorship.
● Completed ‘Author Declaration Form’ document for all named authors.
● Completed Copyright Transfer
● Written permission from each individual identified as a source for personal communication or unpublished data.
● Figures, and tables in print, online, and licensed versions of the Journal. Provide a copy of the original source.
● Check all references for accuracy and completeness. Put references in in numerical order,
making sure each is cited in sequence in the text.
● Include a title for each table and figure
Types of Manuscript
Article Categories in the Journal of Pharmacoeconomics and Pharmaceutical Management (JPPM)
JPPM considers manuscripts in the following categories: original research, methodological articles, reviews, policy perspectives, reports, editorials, and letters to the editor. In submitting a manuscript, authors should indicate the category under which they wish their article to be considered. At least two peer reviewers will consider all submissions except in the cases of editorials and letters to the editor, which will be considered by Editor-in-Chief only.
These articles mention the findings of original research, which contain the results of empirical analysis, instrument development or policy analysis. Original Research papers can be up to 5000 words long, excluding references.
These articles deal with methodological issues in any of the included topics in the scope of the journal. They may include data if are these required to mention the importance of the particular methodological aspect. Methodological articles can be up to 4000 words, excluding references.
These kind of papers Provide an authoritative, comprehensive, and critical review of the literature and present a balanced overview of the current state of development of the area. Review articles can be up to 5000 words, excluding references.
These articles debate prominent pharmacoeconomics and pharmaceutical management policy topics existed in the scope of the journal. Policy Perspective papers can be up to 3500 words long, excluding references.
These Kind of articles are known as empirical analyses with a more narrow focus than original research articles and generally a single aim. Reports can be up to 3000 words, excluding references.
Editorials are assigned by Editorial team to the Editor-in-chief regarding to the current interest in the field of pharmacoeconomics and pharmaceutical managements. They are normally around 1000 words long, but they may be longer based on the agreement of the editors.
Letters to the Editor
Letters to the editor can be written to the editors about any of the content published in the Journal. Usually the letter and reply will be published in the same issue of the Journal.
AUTHOR DECLARATION FORM
At submission, All THE AUTHORS listed in the manuscript have to READ and COMPLETE the following statements on: A- Authorship B- Responsibility, C- Authorship Contribution, E- Contributor Disclosures/Acknowledgments, and F- Conflicts of Interest Disclosures.
It is important that you return this form as early as possible in the publication process. All THE AUTHORS HAVE TO COMPLETE AN INDIVIDUAL COPY OF THE FORM, AND EVERY SECTION OF THE FORM MUST BE COMPLETED. We will NOT publish your manuscript until every author has completed the form and returned it to us.
Your name (please print): E-mail:
Journal name: Corresponding author:
I certify that BOTH of the following statements are correct (PLEASE CHECK THE BOX).
The manuscript conveys valid work; neither this manuscript nor one with substantially similar content under my authorship has been published or is being considered for publication elsewhere (except as described in the manuscript submission);
For manuscripts with more than one author, I agree to allow the corresponding author to serve as the primary correspondent with the editorial office and to review and sign off on the final proofs prior to publication; or, if I am the only author, I will be the corresponding author and agree to serve in the roles described above.
Deed of Assignment of Copyright to JJPM
In consideration of acceptance of publication of the Work by JPPM), I/we hereby transfer and
assign to JPPM unrestricted copyright in the Work, with effect from the date of acceptance,
including copyright in all regions of the world and for all forms of publication, storage, reproduction, and distribution, all without particular time limitation.
If, and to the extent that, the Work incorporates material owned by a third party (or is otherwise subject to copyright restrictions), including without limitation, figures and tables used in previous articles, I/we will notify JPPM of this upon submission of the Work and deliver to JPPM the written consent of the copyright owner(s) to the use of such material.
The Work has not been nor will it in future be submitted for publication or published in whole or substantial part elsewhere, without the written consent of JPPM.
I/We undertake to do all further acts and give all reasonable assistance necessary to secure ownership of the copyright by JPPM and to give effect to this Deed in all regions of the world.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.